- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup of natural yoghurt (or a dairy-free yoghurt)
- 1-2 tbsp. sweetener (or more to taste) e.g. honey, date syrup, maple syrup, xylitol
1. Combine all the ingredients on a pastry board and knead it until smooth for around 5 minutes.
2. Shape a ball, cover it with a plastic wrap and leave it in a fridge for 1 hour.
3. Divide the ball into two parts.
4. Place one of the ball onto a floured pastry board and roll it out (1-2 mm thick)
5. Use a knife or a pizza cutter to cut rectangles.
6. Cut a line in the middle of each rectangle.
7. Grab the rectangle, take one end and thread it through the cutted line. Pull it out to the same side it was before.
9. Place the angel wings into the deep pan or the fryer for 15-30 sec. on both sides until golden brown.
Serve with honey, jam or eat them on their own.
*Make sure it is 180 degrees C because this temperature stops the pastry or a dough from soaking the oil in.
*The thinner you roll the pastry the crispier the angel wings will be.