- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of dry sweetener (coconut sugar, xylitol etc.)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of nuts or dried fruit of your choice (optional)
- 3 tbsp. of potato starch
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 cup of dried uncooked beans of your choice (or 3 cups of cooked/canned beans)
- 1/2 cup of plant based milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 of liquid sweetener e.g. maple syrup
- 2 courgettes
- 1 apple
Chocolate Cake Frosting:
- 4 tbsp of almond butter or any other nut butter (you can use coconut oil instead)
- Sweetener to taste (I used date syrup)
- 1-2 tbsp. of cocoa powder or to taste
1. Soak beans in water overnight and the next day pour out the water, pour in fresh one and cook until soft.
2. Blend oats in the blender to make oat flour and mix all the dry ingredients together.
3. In the blender, put all wet ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into dry ingredients and mix everything well.
4. Pour the mixture into silicone baking moulds or baking tray laid with baking parchment.
*I used 2 silicone moulds to make brownie flatter.
5. Bake at 200C for around 45 min.
6. For the frosting, mix all ingredients well and when the cake cools down spread it evenly over it.