What is it?
Oil cleansing method is a way of cleaning your face from the dirt that you collected during the whole day. Even though it is made from oils, it doesn't leave your face oily or greasy but soft and smooth.
It is great for all skin types. It is also great for blackheads and whiteheads. It moisturises the skin leaving it healthy and with a natural glow.
What it does?
While you massage your face the mixture dissolves a hardened oil your skin produces which is stored in the pores. When you put a warm towel on your face it opens the pores and removes the oil and dirt from them. It naturally cleanse the skin.
It is great to remove makeup, too! Especially the waterproof one! When you do it, make sure you massage your face first and then go to do your eyes.
How to do it?
1. Mix the oils together in a container or a small bottle.
2. Dip you finger lightly or pour a little bit on your fingertips and massage your face.
3. Turn the tap on a warm water and pour it on a face wash cloth or a small towel.
(Another way is to pour some water into a saucepan and heat it. Then soak your towel in it, wring it and put it on your face).
4. Hold it for few seconds until the towel get cooler and then wipe your face to get rid of the excess oil.
5. Repeat it 2-3 times.
6. After you finish pour some cold water on your face to close the pores or use a face cream or oils as they will absorb a lot faster and better while the pores are open.
- 20-50% Castor Oil
- 80-50% Oils of your choice (I use olive oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, apricot kernel oil)
After I finish my oil cleansing I put some oil on my face. For the past year I used jojoba oil and it left my face soft and moisturised. But now I use a nutmeg flower oil and it is great! After I apply it at night, my face is so soft and smooth in the morning.