- 4-5 small peppers (red or orange)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (you can change it to rice or couscous)
- 300g of mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning/herbes the provences (oregano, thyme, basil)
- Himalayan salt to taste
1. Cook 1/2 cup of quinoa in 3/4 cup of water for around 20-25 min.
2. In the meantime, fry the mushrooms and onion using a little bit of coconut oil or butter.
3. Turn the heat off and add cooked quinoa, garlic, seasoning and himalayan salt to taste.
4. Mix everything together and leave it for few minutes until it cools down.
5. Add an egg and mix it again.
Make sure the stuffing cools down before you add egg, as it may get harden.
6. Cut the top of the peppers or cut out the green part with seeds (as I did - see the pictures below).
7. Fill the peppers with the stuffing. Put back the peppers' top if you did it the first way.
8. Place it in the over for around 40 min. at 170-180 C.