- 1 cup of millet grain
- 4 cups of liquid (I used 2 cups of coconut milk and 2 cup of water)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- Sweetener to taste
- 1 cup of nuts (I used mix of cashews, walnuts and brazil nuts)
- 1 cup of dates
- Pinch of salt (or more to taste)
1. Rinse the millet under the water and pour it into a saucepan with 3 cups of liquid of your choice (the creamier the liquid the creamier the filling)
2. Cook until the millet absorbs the liquid and then add another cup of liquid, 3/4 cup of shredded coconut and sweetener to taste (if you use honey add it when the millet cools down so it will not lose its health benefits).
3. In the meantime, using a food processor or a blender blend nuts, dates and salt together. Add more salt to make the crust salty if needed.
4. When the millet it cooked pour it into a blender and blend until you will get a smooth consistency. Add more sweetener if needed.
5. Pour the filling onto the crust and sprinkle the rest of the shredded coconut on top.
6. When it cools down place it into a fridge to make it more solid or eat it as it is.