- 1 cup of ground nuts (I used peanuts)
- 1 cup of soft dates (soak them in hot water if they are not very soft)
- 1-2 tbsp. of peanut butter (preferably from roasted nuts for extra flavour)
- A pinch of Himalayan/sea salt
For millet cream:
- 1 cup of millet grain
- 3-4 cups of coconut milk/water (I used 1 can of coconut milk and some water)
- Sweetener to taste (I used raw honey)
Optional for the cream layer:
- Shredded coconut
- Cocoa powder
- Peanut butter
- Chopped almonds
1. Rinse and roast the millet for few minutes in the pan (it gets rid of the millet's bitterness).
2. Place the millet and coconut milk/water into the sauce pan and cook until soft.
3. In the meantime, add all the crust ingredients into the food processor and pulse until everything combines together.
4. When the millet cools down separate it into two parts (one for coconut-almond layer and the other one for chocolate-peanut layer).
5. For the first part add millet, sweetener and shredded coconut into a blender and blend until smooth. Then add chopped almonds and stir everything together. For the second part add millet, sweetener, cocoa powder and peanut butter and blend until smooth.
6. Place everything into the bowls of your choice starting with the crust and then each layer.
7. You can sprinkle it with coconut flakes, chopped dark chocolate or carmelised nuts (click here).